Information We Collect
We collect personal information from (i) applicants (“Candidates”) who apply via the Platform to an organization (i.e. a business, educational institution, or volunteer organization) that is recruiting or assessing applicants (each, a “Recruiting Organization”) via the Platform, (ii) other end-users who access or use Our Website and Other Services, and (iii) individual representatives of Recruiting Organizations who use the Platform and Other Services (such Candidates and other end-users, collectively, “Users”).
Personal information that We collect includes:
- Account and profile information for Organizations’ representatives during their use of the Platform, including e-mail, first name, last name, username and password;
- Details of interviews conducted and recorded through the Platform between Candidates and Recruiting Organizations including a Candidate’s name and contact information, time and length of interviews, Candidate responses to interview questions, and interview transcripts and video recordings;
- Any other personal information that You may enter when You use the Platform or during an interview, such as, information included in a resume, cover letter, essay, or other similar ancillary document You may provide or in any interview responses by You;
- Billing and payment information of Organizations;
- Technical support records; and
- Service requests and inquiries
Cookies and Similar Tools
We may also automatically receive and store certain information when Users access or use the Services, including IP address, geolocation data, browser type, web pages viewed, domain name of Users’ ISPs, date and time, and how Users interact with Us. We use different types of technology to collect this information, such as log files, cookies, web beacons, and pixel tags.
We may also use these tools to provide relevant, targeted advertising to Users of the Website (but not to Users of the Platform); monitor traffic; and collect statistical data.
If You wish to disable cookies, You may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
How do We use Personal Information?
Kira Talent uses personal information:
- to make available the Platform to facilitate interviews and other information sharing between Candidates and Recruiting Organizations;
- to create and administer Organizations’ user accounts, including to authenticate Organizations’ users on log-in, for the Platform;
- to provide Candidates access to the Platform;
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations and to communicate with You in order to provide Services;
- to respond to any correspondence You may direct to Us;
- to understand Our Users’ needs and preferences;
- to retarget advertisements to Users of the Website;
- to enforce Our Terms of Service;
- to provide You with Service or administrative messages;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- for any other reasonable purposes with your consent or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may also use personal information to create aggregate and anonymous data that cannot be connected to You or any other user. We use this information to better understand and serve Our Users and to develop, monitor, test, and improve the Services (including with respect to how the Services are used by You and other Users).
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may transfer your personal information to third party suppliers, contractors and agents (“Service Providers”) who are contracted by Kira Talent to assist it in providing and developing products and services, including data hosting, data processing, and analytics. We require our Service Providers to only use Your personal information for the purposes of providing these services to us.
We will disclose personal Information pursuant to a lawful order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of Your personal information. We may also disclose your personal information if we receive a lawful request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency with authority to request access to Your personal information in the course of an actual or potential investigation into a breach of a law.
Legal Basis for Processing
In connection with Services provided to individuals outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process personal information with consent except where otherwise permitted or required by law. For example, we may be permitted by law to collect, use or disclose personal information without consent to comply with a subpoena or court order, or to comply with the rules of court regarding the production of records. Your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question.
In connection with Services provided to individuals in the EEA, we rely on one of the following legal grounds (as appropriate) to process personal information:
1. To enter and perform a contract with you or to perform any steps you require from us before entering into a contract.
2. To pursue our legitimate interests in establishing, managing or concluding our relationship with you.
3. Where you have specifically consented to us processing your personal information.
4. To comply with our legal obligations and establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
Where personal information is processed with consent, you may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In order to withdraw consent, You must provide notice to Kira Talent in writing.
Personal information is maintained electronically on Kira Talent’s servers or those of its Service Providers. Kira Talent will retain personal information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by Kira Talent.
Storage Outside of Canada
Your personal information may be processed by Us or Our Service Providers outside of your home jurisdiction, including in Canada and the United States. While outside of your home jurisdiction, personal information will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is processed, which may not be as protective as the laws of your home jurisdictions. The data mechanisms we use can be found here.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We do not assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. We are not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose Your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
You may request access to or correction of the personal information in our custody or control, or an account of how your personal information has been used or disclosed by Kira Talent, by writing to Us (see the “Contact Us” section below). Please note that these rights are subject to certain restrictions. For example, Kira Talent may not provide you with Your personal information if it contains information about other individuals, or if the information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege.
If you are in the EEA you may also have the right, in specified circumstances, to object to our use of Your personal information, to request the deletion of Your personal information or restrict its use, to request a copy of the information You have provided to us to use for Your own purposes, or to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you have any questions about these rights, or you would like to exercise any of them, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Kira Talent protects Your personal information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information, that are designed to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Our methods of protection include:
- Physical measures, such as filing cabinets which are kept locked when not in use and restricted access, both to Kira Talent’s place of business in general and to internal offices as well;
- Organization measures, such as security clearances and limited access on a need to know basis; and
- Technological measures, such as the use of passwords, firewalls and encryption.
Please note that no security measures can offer absolute security and there is always a risk that your personal information may be accessed or disclosed without authorization.
Kira Talent Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
99 Yorkville Avenue
Last Revised: July 31, 2020